It is a zinc, aluminum, magnesium and copper alloy. This alloy, depending on the percentages and final uses, can be ZAMAC 2, 3, 5, 7, Tonsul and other formulations according to your requirements.
Zamac, or zamak, by its initials in German, is used in the elaboration of auto parts, home appliances, toys, zippers, carburetors, automobile oil pumps, automobile handles, plates or logos, bathroom and toilet articles, fan frames, computers, camera components, refrigerator handles, gas regulators, shelves, hardware, buckles, ornaments, candlesticks, trophies, among others.
Zinc alloys are used for injection molding and die casting, depending on the amount of alloying elements it possesses, can have different properties for a given use. The most common are the following :
- Zamac 2: It is an alloy used for injection molding that offers the highest resistance and hardness; however, its high copper content (3%) generates changes in its properties during prolonged use: dimensional growth 0.0014 mm/mm in 20 years, lower elongation and decrease in resistance. It has excellent castability and is used in injection and gravity casting, it maintains resistance and hardness in aging, it can be used for friction parts avoiding the use of inserts or bushings in the designs.
- Zamac 3: Recommended for pressure injection molding, it has good castability and great dimensional stability, excellent balance between physical and mechanical properties. The surface finish is ideal for final coatings for electroplating, painting and other surface treatments. It is the most recommended zinc alloy for pressure injection.
- Zamac 5: It has a higher hardness and resistance than Zamac 3, this is due to the higher content of Cu (1%), it presents a better behavior than Zamac 3 against deformations in time (creep). It is commonly used for injection, with excellent casting characteristics. Due to its greater hardness and mechanical resistance, it can be applied in less thickness, thus achieving the same mechanics as Zamac 3 and with a good superficial finish.
- Zamac 7: It offers better fluidity due to the lower content of magnesium and the addition of nickel. For this reason, it is used for thinner wall designs. It has greater ductility than Zamac 3, which is ideal for situations that require plastic deformation for the subsequent assembly of the parts.
- Ingots of approximately 10 kg in packages of approximately 500 kg, 1,000 kg and 1,200 kg.
- Keep in a dry and warm place under cover.
- Any ingot that is wet should be dried before being put into the foundry.
Request a Quotation
SEE ALL PRODUCTS